Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for but of course at the top of my list right now is how healthy I feel since my surgery! I have lost 63 lbs now and feel so good! I have energy to do things I haven't done in years.

Yesterday is when my family had our turkey dinner at my sister's house. I cooked the turkey, stuffing and made devilled eggs. I really thought it would be horrible or a real challenge at least with all that food. We had turkey, stuffing, cabbage rolls, ham, yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, devilled eggs, vegetable platter with artichoke dip, meat and cheese platter, salad, rolls, wine, pumpkin and apple pies, brownies, cupcakes, fried cheesecake rolls, etc. You name it we had a feast!

I decided to pace myself eating and go for the protein first. I haven't been able to eat more than a few bites of something until now so I ate slow. I took a bite of turkey, a bite of ham, a half a cabbage roll (left off the cabbage), had a bit of sour cream on the cabbage roll, a bite or two of the mashed potatoes with gravy on it, a few small bites of stuffing. I had a small slice of pumpkin pie about an hour after dinner. I also had two crackers with artichoke dip on them later. The only thing that didn't sit well with me was the two sips of red merlot wine, it burned so I laid off that lol.

I was amazed I could eat that much! I was real worried about thanksgiving because of that, it's one of my favourite holidays and as I cook the turkey and stuffing I had to smell it all day long lol.

I am so thankful for everything and especially how much my life has changed for the better. Another "wow" moment I had was making the devilled eggs. For years now I had to sit down to make them as it was too exhausting to stand up and my hands would always be numb from my carpal tunnel syndrome. Well not only did I stand the whole time making them but my hands did not go numb at all. I was ecstatic!

I am living again and for that I am forever grateful!

No comments: